09 August 2009

Mommy Splurged

The boys go through many, many diapers a week (I once figured up an average of a 110), and its just too hard to (1) stock up while we're grocery shopping because I never know how long it will be before we're back in Williston and (2) make trips to Williston just for diapers. Spending $20+ on gas for a box of diapers, as neccesary as they may be, just doesn't make sense. So I buy my diapers online, at diapers.com, where their slogan is "We deliver everything but the baby". And I find it makes MUCH more sense to spend exactly $13.01 more than the diapers cost to get free shipping. Even though shipping is only $4.99. It just makes sense in my mind, somehow. Though I am starting to question the thought process behind such sense. Most of the time I order practical things. Things that we need, and are unable to find here. Onesies for one order. A bathspout cover and snack containers for the next order.

The last order I placed I decided to splurge a little. And bought the boys a really fun, walk behind/ride on toy. And I realized that this may indeed be the first toy I have bought for the boys brand new! Ever frugal (see above where I frugally spend $8.02 more every time I place order..) I have always looked for toys at garage sales, online, or they've been given to us. I'm glad the boys like it so much! Definitely worth every penny spent.

video

video

video

No comments:

Post a Comment