15 August 2009

BumBum Business

From the day I found out we were having twins, I have wanted to cloth diaper. I knew that in the beginning it would be too much, but I planned that when the boys got to about 6 months old I'd start. Well, with everything else that went on at the time, it never happened.



A few weeks ago I renewed my determination to at least attempt to cloth diaper. I did some research online, and after looking on ebay for cloth diapers I found an affordable diaper made by Sweet Baby Doll. They were One Size, which I thought would be ideal. Instead of investing money in all these diapers that they would then outgrow, I could just stock pile these. And be set until the boys are potty-trained. So I ordered 2 pairs to see how they work. They come in two different styles. One that snaps at the waist, and the other Velcros. I got one of each. After a few trial runs I determined that "knock-off diapers" do not work for us. Z is so skinny the snap one just doesn't work for him. G is such a heavy wetter that he soaks through them if they're left on for more than 1 1/2 hours. And the Velcro one comes undone. NOT a good thing when diapers are falling off the bum.








And then I found gdiapers. Technically they are flushable diapers. There is a cloth cover. A waterproof liner. And a flushable liner.

They offer a handy starter kit, which I fell in love with as soon as I saw the box!


They also suggest using cloth liners, instead of the flushable. Which is what I'm going to be doing. I've got the liners from my Sweet Baby Dolls, that I will use for our trial run. If I decide these are "the diapers" then I'm going to use regular old Gerber cloth diapers. I was hesitant to try them, because they aren't one size. But, since you don't need to change the entire diaper and just change the liner, I won't need to invest in as many of the expensive part (the cover). And I'm pretty sure that Z will be potty-trained before he hits 28lbs and needs to move up to the next bigger size!

The trial run gdiapers are in the wash now. I can't wait to try them out tomorrow!





1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to say "hi" and introduce myself. I've been reading your blog for a while now - I have twin girls about the same age as your boys (b-day is 10/27/08), so it's been interesting and fun to read what your boys are doing.

    I'm interested in hearing what you think about the g-diapers. I used them when my girls were little and liked them, but haven't used them much recently because the bigger size seems to leave a big dent in their skin where the snap is.

    ReplyDelete