26 March 2009

A Lot To Update

First Off, this is a little late.


Our little men are FIVE months old already! Actually they turned 5 months over a week ago. I am amazed at how fast time is going by. Lately I've been having a range of conflicting emotions. I can't believe its been 5 months since they were born. I love seeing them grow and develop. I love all their milestones and every new thing they do. At the same time, they are 5 months. It means that M has missed 4 months of their life. Yes, there are only 3 weeks left until we're all together again, and I am so excited and anxious for it to be here. I just hate that he has had to miss so much of the beginning of our life as a family. He wasn't here to experience those first smiles or coos. He didn't get to see the first tummy rolls. Or revel in the first nights they BOTH slept through the night, not that happens frequently still. He did get to experience their first bites of baby food via webcam though. And I made sure to get a picture of G's smile the second time he did it. I've tried so hard to capture every moment so he can share it with us, and I just feel like I've failed.

I am thankful that soon this will be a distant memory. That he isn't going to miss them starting to crawl. He won't miss their first experience with juice or a sippy cup. He may even get to be around for the first tooth because even though they both have been drooling, chomping, teething maniacs, those first teeth have not popped through yet. I'm glad that I won't have to feel joy and twinges of sadness when new things happen. I am ready to start our life together again.


And on to brighter things!


The boys had a doctor appointment this week. Along with a well baby check up they got their second round of shots. And they are such big boys! They only cried for a few seconds after the shots and that was it. In fact, G cried worse because he had to put his clothes back on than when he got the shots! They are growing like weeds! G is 15lb 5oz and 25 1/2" long. Z is 13lb 6oz and 25 1/4" long. Z has decided he is terrified of the doctor and had the most heartbreaking cry every time he saw her. His entire face became a frown and he'd start crying. With tears even. It was so pitiful and sad.


The doctor was a little concerned in their size difference. Along with seeing Z spitting-up. She informed me that he is throwing up not spitting up, but I don't like to think of it that way. He isn't sick. She sent me to get an ultrasound of his tummy done that afternoon to make sure his pyloric sphincter wasn't blocked and he didn't have this thing called pyloric stenosis. He of course does not. I'm hoping he'll outgrow what ever this is soon. I'm not concerned too much with the difference between G and Z's size. I just hate to see my Z-boy throwing up all the time. And it makes a mess.





Today G&Z became federal officers.






M bought these shirts for them. They say "CBP Junior Officer". They were very proud to wear them and show off to every on that they are Officers.

And G is closer to the camera. And sitting on top of Z, hence the reason he looks so much bigger. They really aren't that noticeably different. I was just going to move Z and get him out from under G when he spit up carrots all down his shirt... no more pictures for mommy! Here is a picture I got of Z by himself while G was protesting against pictures...




No comments:

Post a Comment