09 September 2011

Play Dough!

Today Z and I made some play dough while G and lil' M napped.  He very carefully dumped all the ingredients into the pan.  He helped me put everything away.  And even pretended to wash the dishes for me.  Which was only a little disastrous, but no major damage was done. 

 I did discover that using whole wheat flour in your play dough... well, I thought the spoon had splintered through out the dough at first.  Note for next time... no whole wheat.  It was a mistake, the whole wheat.  I forgot I had emptied it into the flour canister.

The boys were very excited to play with this new creation.  I pulled out the safety scissors and let them practice their cutting skills.  G was all about the scissors.  He grabbed onto them (the right way!) and started "snip, snip, snipping" away.


Z wasn't so thrilled with them.  OK, he was.  But after he tried to cut his cheek, finger and arm repeatedly, each time getting yelled at by yours truly, he ditched the scissors and decided to just play cars.


I love to see their imaginations coming out.  And the new discoveries they're making.  The little tales they make up as they sit there and play.  Even though, G some how manages to make every. single. conversation turn into one about Thomas the Train (really G?  can't we give Thomas a day off?)



Lil' M is discovering her hands.  She spent the entire afternoon devoted to the research of her hands.


look at those cheeks!  and yes, she is kind of busting out of those jammies but I'm trying to wait until the weather cools down to pull out the next size.


And of course, a little taste testing too.


Today was a good day for me.  I got to the end of the day, and I still felt like I had it together.  I didn't accomplish as much as I secretly wanted to.  But at the same time, I accomplished a lot more than I realistically thought I would.  I was able to catch up on a ton of work.  And should be able to finish the rest of it up over the weekend.

I've been wracking my brain lately trying to figure out how to make this all work.  Between laundry and cleaning.  Work.  Cooking 3 meals a day (as unhealthy as they are... there has GOT to be a plus side to having drive thrus semi-close to where you live.). Taking care of lil' M.  Trying to make sure the boys get the attention they deserve.  Making sure M gets the attention he deserves.  Feeling like I am a human too... I've felt like the flood waters have been slowly rising around me.  And there won't be much time until I'm in over my head.  I decided earlier this week to devote a section of every day to one certain task.  I was doing it housework in the morning; work in the afternoon; boys after supper.  But that hasn't worked for me.  Too many days my housework takes up more than just a few hours of the morning.  I think that next week I'm going to switch it around so work is in the morning and house stuff is the afternoon/evening.  Before we moved, I felt like I had it all conquered.  Granted, I was minus 1 child and a job.  But there is this nagging feeling in the back of my mind that I can still conquer everything.  I'm just missing a secret link.  I will find that link.  I will find it, and I will conquer again.

No comments:

Post a Comment